13-year-old boy e’lectrocuted while trying to pluck mangoes in Bengaluru

0 33

- Advertisement -

A 13-year-old boy was el’ectrocuted to d’eath in Jeevan Bhima Nagar in Bengaluru on Sunday while trying to pluck mangoes from a tree.

Bharat, who was enjoying his summer holidays with friends, spotted a mango on a tree and climbed it. However, he did not notice a live e’lectric w’ire passing through the tree. He was el’ectrocuted when he used a wet stick to reach the fruit.

Image result for latest images of 13-year-old boy electrocuted while trying to pluck mangoes in Bengaluru

“An 11 KV line of Bescom is covered by the tree. The boy was probably not aware of the live wire passing through the tree. He touched the wire with a stick and got el’ectrocuted,” a senior police officer at JB Nagar police told.

Bharat was rushed to the hospital by G Vinod who witnessed the incident. He was declared brought de’ad by hospital authorities. “I managed to lay my hands on a wooden stick lying nearby, rushed towards the transformer and hit its fuse with force. The power supply was disconnected but the damage had already been done. Bharat hung li’mply on the tree. He was unc’onscious or perhaps d’ead,” said G Vinod.

His parents Aiyappa and Maralamma, a couple from Andhra Pradesh, shifted to Bengaluru four years ago to work as daily-wage labourers.

The incident comes less than two months after a 7-year-old boy was ele’ctrocuted after he stepped on a live wire in a park in the city.

Experts say live wires should never be touched and that insulating yourself is important to avoid ele’ctrocution. It is also advised to keep wires away from a child’s reach and provide adult supervision whenever children are in an area of a potential el’ectrical hazard.
In case a person touches a live wire, it is advised to immediately disconnect the power before dealing with the in’jured person. Do not move them with bare hands but use insulating material like rubber or wood to touch the person and after they are safely removed from the source of c’urrent, it is better to not move them much as they might have suffered spinal inju’ries. If the person is not breathing,  administer CPR immediately and call for help to take the person to the nearest hospital.
Image result for latest images of 13-year-old boy electrocuted while trying to pluck mangoes in Bengaluru

- Advertisement -

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

two × 1 =