Eco-friendly products replaced by plastic by a Bengaluru couple, including daily household things. Moreover making best out of waste by recycling 6,000 newspapers into 10,000 pencils.
In today’s scenario, there is a necessity to curb deforestation and plant more and more trees. Bangaluru couple Akshata Bhadranna and Rahul Pagad showed real skills by converting plastic into eco-friendly products ..they even recycled 6000 newspapers into 10000 pencils.
After returning from Indonesia (which is the largest plastic polluter) to Bangaluru, the couple realized that maximum utilization in their household was made of plastic, so they decided to replace them by eco-friendly products.
The irony is that eco-friendly products are too expensive for people to buy. This gave birth to an organization called Dopology. Founders Akshata Bhadranna and Rahul Pagad started making and selling these eco-friendly products at reasonable prices on their website.
They even made eco-friendly brushes and loofah and got phenomenal results of this business.
Here is the Makin process of eco-friendly pencils.
1) Newspapers are cut into 18 × 18 cm.
2) Lead is manually rolled into papers and deposited on the rolling machine.
3) Pencils are allowed to dry for 30 mins.
4) Pencils are then put into drier for 1 hour at 220 °Celsius.
5) The polishing machine then gives the final touch and make pencil smooth.
6) Finally, the product goes through the cutting machine where pencils are cut into a determined size.
After that these pencils are packed into the craft paper boxes.