* Congress local leader DK Shivakumar is leading in his constituency Kanakapura.
* In both SC and ST constituencies across Karnataka, BJP is leading on maximum seats.
* Vokkaliga community of Karnataka has come out and voted for JD(S)+ in large numbers. Trends show that the party is leading on 25 seats in the Vokkaliga dominant region of Karnataka.
* Congress star candidates — Laxmi Hebbalkar from Belagavi rural, and G Parameshwara from Koratagere — are leading.
* BJP inches close to the majority mark of 113, is now leading on 111 seats.
* JD(S)+ is ahead on 27 seats in the Old Mysuru area.
* In areas of Karnataka marked by an agrarian crisis, BJP and Congress are tied, each leading on 27 seats.
* BJP’s Nippani candidate Jolle Shashikala Annasaheb is leading.
* Latest trends from across the state show Congress is leading on 77 seats while BJP is leading on 95 seats. JD(S)+ is leading on 42 seats.
* BJP’s heavyweight B Sreeramulu is trailing in Badami, where Congress’s Siddaramaiah is leading. Sreeramulu is also contesting from another constituency, Molakalmuru, where he is leading.
* BJP has taken a lead in coastal Karnataka, with leads in 11 constituencies. Congress is leading on 6 seats.
* Among the Lingayat dominant constituencies, BJP is leading on maximum seats: 29. Congress is quite far behind, with leads in 9 constituencies. JD(S)+ is, at the moment, leading in 6 constituencies.
* In Yeddyurappa’s stronghold, BJP is leading on 7 seats, JD(S)+ is leading on 3 seats while Congress is leading on one.
* Congress is now leading on 81 seats while BJP is leading on 93. JD(S) is leading on 33 seats, as of 9.24am.
* JD(S) candidate HD Kumaraswamy is leading in Ramanagaram. Another party heavyweight HD Revanna is also leading in his constituency Holenarasipur.
* BJP chief minister candidates B S Yeddyurappa is leading in his constituency Shikaripura.
* Congress moves up on 79 seats, while BJP is ahead on 85 seats.
* It is a close fight between BJP and Congress, with Congress leading on 75 seats and BJP leading on 77 seats at 9.02am.
* BJP takes over Congress, is now leading on 78 seats. Congress is leading on 67 seats, while JD(S)+ has moved up to lead on 25 seats.
* Siddaramaiah is leading in Badami.
* BJP is closing in, with 52 seats at 8.31am. Congress is leading on 58 seats. JD(S)+ is gaining, with leads on 16 seats for now.
* Congress has taken a lead on 45 seats as of 8.26am.
* CM Siddaramaiah is trailing in Chamundeshwari. He is contesting from two constituencies, Chamundeshwari and Badami.
* Congress is now leading on 22 seats, while BJP is closing up with 17. JD(S)+ has moved up to 7.
* BJP is leading on 6 seats, while JD(S)+ is ahead on three.
* Congress takes early lead in counting, trends show the party is ahead on 18 seats.
* Exit polls have predicted a neck and neck competition between the main contenders – the Indian National Congress (INC) and the Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP).