Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar starrer 2.0 is actually a sequel to movie Robot that had a star cast Rajnikanth and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in the lead. 2.0 received huge attention after the film’s first look was released. The movie 2.0 features Akshay as an evil man, while Rajnikanth’s look is same as CHITTI in the movie ROBOT. The movie is scheduled to release on 25th January 2018. Here is a compilation of some of the interesting facts about 2.0.
1. Film editor Anthony said that 2.0 are 10 times challenging than Robot and he had to wear 3D glasses while editing.
2. ‘2.O’ has some of the best technicians in the world.
Mary E Vogt is the official costume designer who has worked on Hollywood films like ‘Men in Black’ and ‘Tron Legacy’.
Sean Foot of ‘Avatar’ fame is handling the make-up of ‘2.O’.
Kenny Bates, who choreographed action for ‘Transformers,’ is also a part of the project.
VFX team comprising of John Hughes and Walt, who have done VFX for films like ‘Life of Pi’, ‘300’ and ‘Percy Jackson’ are working on this project.
3. Akshay Kumar said that he believes 2.0 will create history. It would be a big blockbuster hit.
4. Salman Khan created a lot of frenzy at the event by making a surprise visit. When Rajni was asked if he will ever work with Salman, the former said, “If tomorrow Salman says yes, I am ready to work with him.”
5. Initially, the makers were planning to give the movie a title of ‘Robot 2’ or ‘Enthiran 2’ in Tamil but the team encountered a few legal problems with this title so it was named as ‘2.O’.
6. Rajinikanth said that 2.0 have VFX that will match the Hollywood standards. Well, that a must watch then.
7. Although Akshay plays an antagonist in 2.0, Rajinikanth said that Akshay is the hero of the movie, not him. Claps!! That we know about Rajni.
8. Starring Rajinikanth as a robot, Akshay Kumar as the antagonist and Amy Jackson as the leading lady, the film is touted to be the biggest and most expensive film ever made in India. ‘Robot’ sequel is being made on a budget of Rs 400 crore! This makes ‘2.O’ the most expensive Indian film ever made. Earlier it was Baahubali 2.
9. Director Shankar hinted that there can be a third part of the franchise. “There can be a 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 because the film is a science fiction and we can explore a lot in this genre,” he said when asked if they are planning the third part.
10. The team was planning to launch the film in a grand manner on the superstar Rajni’s birthday last year but decided not to because Chennai was suffering from worst floods last December. So ‘2.O’ team decided to start shooting with a small ceremony on December 12 last year. Awwww how sweet is that!!
11. The makers launched hot air balloons with the film’s posters. The team began their prep for this one-of-a-kind promotional strategy by test riding the hot air balloons. The balloons are expected to fly over the Hollywood signage in Los Angeles, while similar ones take flight in London, Dubai, Australia, South-East Asian countries and also in India. The creative director of the film Raju Mahalingam shared a glimpse of the ‘2.0’ air balloons along with the tweet, “Test inflation successfully completed! Waiting for weather clearance…#2Point0”
12. According to the sources, an entire song in ‘2.0’ will feature VFX. Apparently, Shankar and team were planning to head out to Ukraine for a romantic number, but due to Rajinikanth’s health condition, they have decided to shoot the song in India. However, the incredible part is that all the scenic locations across Ukraine have already been captured and they will recreate in VFX for this song.