Connect with us

National

Rafale Deal: Supreme Court delivers jolt to Modi govt, says leaked documents admissible in court

Delivering a unanimous verdict, the Supreme Court dismissed the Centre’s preliminary objections seeking review of earlier judgment giving a clean chit to the Union government in the Rafale deal.

A three-judge Supreme Court bench has dismissed objections raised by Centre regarding the pleas asking for a review of the apex court’s decision on the Rafale deal.

Delivering a unanimous verdict, the court dismissed the Centre’s preliminary objections seeking review of earlier judgment giving a clean chit to the Union government in the Rafale deal.

The Supreme Court has said that Rafale review pleas will be heard in detail by the court. The court has also said that defence ministry documents are admissible for review. The court has said it will fix a date for hearing review petitions on the Rafale deal.

“We dismiss the preliminary objection raised by Union of India questioning the maintainability of the review petition,” a bench comprising Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi and Justices SK Kaul and KM Joseph said.

The Centre had submitted that the privileged documents were procured by petitioners in an illegal way and used to support their review petitions against the December 14, 2018 judgement of the apex court dismissing all pleas challenging procurement of 36 Rafale fighter jets from France.

Celebrating the verdict, petitioner Arun Shourie said, “We are delighted it is a unanimous verdict dismissing Central government’s peculiar argument on the admissibility of documents. Centre’s argument meant no wrong can be done in the defence deal. Our argument was that because the documents relate to defence you must examine them. You asked for this evidence and we have provided it. So the court has accepted our pleas and rejected the arguments of the government.”

WHAT HAS HAPPENED SO FAR

On December 14, the Supreme Court had dismissed petitions by several individuals who had demanded a court-monitored probe into the Rafale deal.

On March 14, the apex court had reserved verdict on the preliminary objections raised by the Centre on admissibility of privileged documents annexed by former Union ministers Yashwant Sinha and Arun Shourie and also activist lawyer Prashant Bhushan in their review petition against the top court’s December 14 judgement that dismissed all petitions against the Rafale jet deal.

The Centre had claimed privilege over documents pertaining to the Rafale fighter jet deal with France and said those documents cannot be considered in evidence as per Section 123 of the Indian Evidence Act.

Attorney General KK Venugopal, appearing for the Centre had contended that no one can produce them in the court without the permission of the department concerned as those documents are also protected under the Official Secrets Act and their disclosure is exempted under the Right to Information Act as per Section 8(1)(a).

Prashant Bhushan had contended that the Centre’s objections were “mala fide and totally untenable arguments”.

The top court had further noted that according to the AG’s submissions “there are three Rafale documents whose publication comes under Official Secrets Act, 1923. These documents were unauthorisedly published. You claim privilege under section 123 of Evidence Act. You want us to adjudicate and strike down the review on this basis”.

Prashant Bhushan had submitted a note countering the preliminary objections raised by the centre on maintainability of the review petitions, stating that “preliminary objections are mala fide and totally untenable arguments”.

He had said government cannot claim privilege over the documents which are already published and is in public domain.

Prashant Bhushan had said that Section 123 Indian Evidence Act only protected “unpublished documents”.

Source : IndiaToday

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National

प्रदेश में ऑरेंज-ग्रीन जोन में शुरू होगी इंडस्ट्री, रेड में भी चलाने के लिए केंद्र को लिखा

 केंद्र सरकार की ओर से 20 अप्रैल के बाद लॉकडाउन में दी जाने वाली छूट के लिए राज्य सरकार सीनियर अफसरों के साथ लगातार मंथन कर रही है कि कहां क्या छूट दी जाए। माना जा रहा है कि सरकार ने ग्रीन व ऑरेंज के साथ रेड जोन में भी इंडस्ट्री को शुरू करने के लिए हरी झंडी देने का मन बना लिया है। हालांकि कंटेनमेंट और बफर जोन में कोई गतिविधि नहीं शुरू की जाएगी। राज्य में 282 कंटेनमेंट-बफर जोन हैं। रेड जोन में शामिल गुड़गांव, नूंह, पलवल और फरीदाबाद में ही 214 कंटेनमेंट जोन हैं। सरकार की ओर से रेड जोन में भी इंडस्ट्री शुरू करने के लिए केंद्र को लिखा गया है।

Industry to start in Orange-Green zone in the state, wrote to the Center to run in Red as well

राज्य में कोरोना से ठीक होने वालों का औसत 31% 

राज्य के लिए राहत की बात यह है कि यहां कुछ ही इलाकों में कोरोना पॉजिटिव केस मिल रहे हैं, जबकि ठीक होने वालों का औसत 31% है। तीन जिलों में कोरोना का अब तक कोई केस सामने नहीं आया, जबकि 7 जिले कोरोनामुक्त हो चुके हैं। ऐसे में सरकार केंद्र की गाइड लाइन के अनुसार सभी जिलों को लेकर प्लानिंग कर रही है। डिप्टी सीएम दुष्यंत चौटाला ने कहा कि ऑरेंज और ग्रीन जोन में इंडस्ट्री को शुरू किया जाएगा।

रेड जोन में शामिल गुड़गांव और फरीदाबाद में ही सबसे ज्यादा इंडस्ट्री

साथ ही रेड जोन के लिए भी केंद्र को लिखा गया है। रेड जोन में शामिल गुड़गांव और फरीदाबाद में ही सबसे ज्यादा इंडस्ट्री हैं। इसलिए रेड जोन में भी कुछ छूट देने की तैयारी में है। राज्य में छूट जिला स्तरीय कमेटियों की सिफारिश पर दी जाएगी। वहीं, पहले देखेंगी कि इंडस्ट्री में कोरोना से बचाव की सभी व्यवस्था है या नहीं। कमेटियां अपनी रिपोर्ट राज्य स्तरीय कमेटी को भेजेंगी, जहां से इसकी अप्रूवल मिलेगी। हालांकि बड़ी कंपनियों को छूट देने के लिए राज्य स्तरीय कमेटी ही फैसला करेगी।

  • आम लोगों के एक दर्जन से अधिक काम होंगे शुरू 

तहसीलों में शुरू हो सकेंगी रजिस्ट्रियां, एक दिन में 30

  • रजिस्ट्रियां शुरू होंगी। राजस्व रिकॉर्ड एवं पंजीकरण डीडी की प्रतियां दी मिलेंगी। म्यूटेशन होगा।
  • शपथ पत्रों का सत्यापन होगा। एससी और बीसी के प्रमाण पत्र बनाए जाएंगे। इनके लिए ई-अपाॅइंटमेंट दी जाएगी।
  • लॉकडाउन में ई-अपाॅइंटमेंट की अधिकतम सीमा 30 रहेगी।
  • इसमें से 50% ई-अपाॅइंटमेंट  ऑनलाइन व 50% तहसील एवं उप तहसील कार्यालयों द्वारा दी जाएंगी। पहले दी गई अपाॅइंटमेंट को रद्द किया जाएगा।
  • स्टेशनरी की दुकानें खुल सकती हैं
  • विद्यार्थियों को पुस्तक मिले, इसके लिए पुस्तकों या स्टेशनरी की दुकानें खोली जा सकती हैं।
  • विद्यार्थियों तक पुस्तकें पहुंचाने के लिए संभावना तलाशी जाएगी।
  • बिल्डिंग कंस्ट्रक्शन शुरू होगा
  • बिल्डिंग कंस्ट्रक्शन काम 20 के बाद शुरू किया जाएगा।
  • माइनिंग और ईंट भट्‌ठे पर काम शुरू होगा।

शुरू होगी ओपीडी, फोन पर ही मिलेगा टोकन नंबर

  • प्राइवेट अस्पतालों में शुरू हुई ओपीडी को लेकर हरियाणा मेडिकल काउंसिल की ओर से दिशा-निर्देश जारी किए गए हैं। जिसके अनुसार इन अस्पतालों में सुबह नौ से दोपहर एक बजे तक रोगियों की जांच होगी। इस दौरान लैब भी खुली रहेंगी।
  • जांच कराने वाले मरीजों को पहले फोन पर अस्पताल से अपने टोकन नंबर लेने पड़ेंगे, ताकि अस्पताल में भीड़ न लगे और सोशल डिस्टेसिंग का पूरा पालन हो सके।
  • अस्पतालों में आपातकालीन सेवाएं 24 घंटे जारी रहेंगी।
  • अस्पताल मैनेजमेंट की ओर से अस्पताल भवन के गेट पर मरीजों को मुफ्त मास्क दिए जाएं और उन्हें सैनिटाइज करने की व्यवस्था करें।
  • यदि किसी में कोरोना के लक्षण दिखें तो सूचना स्वास्थ्य विभाग को दी जाए।
  • स्वास्थ्य मंत्री अनिल विज ने भी प्राइवेट अस्पताल के डॉक्टरों से ओपीडी शुरू करने की अपील की थी। कहा था कि सरकारी अस्पतालों में भी ओपीडी शुरू होगी।

उद्योगों के लिए ये रहेंगे नियम

  • जिला स्तरीय समितियों का गठन होगा, जो ‘पहले आओ, पहले पाओ’ के आधार पर पास जारी करेंगी। आवश्यक सेवाएं से जुड़े लोगों को कोरोना से बचाने के लिए उनकी जांच होगी।
  • कोई श्रमिक एक स्थान से दूसरे स्थान पर कार्य करने जा रहा हो तो उसकी मेडिकल जांच होगी। कार्य-स्थल पर या उसके आप-पास ही श्रमिकों के सब-कैंप बनाए जा सकते हैं।
  • उद्योग विभाग हेल्पलाइन स्थापित की जाएगी। जहां उद्योगपति कॉल कर सकते हैं और पास बनवाने व अन्य प्रबंधों के बारे में जानकारी ले सकेंगे।
  • उपायुक्त निर्णय लेंगे कि कोई प्रतिष्ठान खुलेगा या नहीं। जिलों में औद्योगिक प्रक्रियाओं पर नजर रखने के लिए उद्योग विभाग के सचिव की देखरेख में मुख्यालय पर एक कमेटी बनाई जाएगी।
  • कंटेनमेंट जोन में आवश्यक वस्तुओं को बनाने वाले उद्योगों के लिए एक ‘त्रिकोणीय विशेष पास’ और गैर-कंटेनमेंट जोन के लिए ‘आयताकार साधारण पास’ जारी किया जाएगा।
  • उद्योगों को एक चरणबद्ध तरीके से खोला जाएगा, जिसमें स्वच्छता, मास्क का उपयोग और सोशल-डिस्टेंसिंग से संबंधित अनिवार्य शर्तें पूरी करनी होंगी।

किस जिले में बने कितने कंटेनमेंट-बफर जोन
सबसे ज्यादा कंटेनमेंट और बफर जोन नूंह में 140 बनाए गए हैं। जबकि पलवल में 52, सोनीपत में 3, करनाल में 3, फरीदाबाद 13, भिवानी में 2, चरखी दादरी में 7, गुड़गांव में 9, जींद में 7, फतेहाबाद में 2, पानीपत में 2, कैथल और झज्जर में एक-एक, पंचकूला में 23, सिरसा में 5, हिसार में एक, यमुनानगर में 4 और कुरुक्षेत्र में 7 जोन कंटेंनमेंट और बफर जोन हैं।

पंजाब: लुधियाना में कानूनगो की मौत, जालंधर में 1 साल के बच्चे समेत 7 लोग पॉजिटिव

जालंधर/ लुधियाना | पंजाब में काेराेना ने रफ्तार पकड़ ली है। शुक्रवार को लगातार दूसरे दिन कोरोना से व्यक्ति की मौत हो गई। लुधियाना में पायल निवासी कानूनगो गुरमेल सिंह (58) ने अस्पताल में हार्ट अटैक के बाद दम तोड़ दिया। उन्हें 14 अप्रैल को भर्ती कराया था। वीरवार को रिपार्ट पॉजिटिव आने के 24 घंटे के भीतर उनकी मौत हो गई। अब तक 15 लोग दम तोड़ चुके हैं। शुक्रवार को 16 नए केस आए। इनमें जालंधर से 7, पटियाला और लुधियाना से 4-4 व फिरोजपुर से एक केस आया। आंकड़ा अब 215 हो गया है। पिछले 17 दिनों यानी 1 अप्रैल के बाद सूबे में 11 की मौत और 176 पॉजिटिव हो चुके हैं।

8 नए पॉजिटिव केस मिले, 18 ठीक होकर घर लौटे

प्रदेश में लगातार कोरोनावायरस के नए केस मिल रहे हैं, लेकिन अब मरीजों के ठीक होने का औसत नए केसों के मुकाबले बेहतर हो रहा है। शुक्रवार को नंूह में छह और पंचकूला में दो मरीज मिले, जबकि 18 मरीज राज्य में ठीक होकर घर लौटे हैं। पलवल में 7, नूंह में 3, फरीदाबाद, करनाल, सिरसा में दो-दो और चरखी दादरी और जींद में एक-एक मरीज ठीक हुआ है। राहत की बात यह है कि हरियाणा 22 में से तीन जिलों में अब तक कोरोना को रोकने में जहां सफल रहा है, वहीं अब छह जिले ऐसे हैं, जहां कोरोनावायरस पहुंचने के बावजूद अब वहां कोई संक्रमित नहीं है।

रोहतक में एक मरीज की जान भी गई

इन जिलों में यमुनानगर, सिरसा, फतेहाबाद, चरखी दादरी, भिवानी और रोहतक शामिल हैं। रोहतक में एक मरीज की जान भी गई है। बाकी सभी जिलों में कोरोना की जंग मरीजों ने जीती है। राज्य में कोरोना संक्रमित लोगों की संख्या 212 तक पहुंच गई है। जबकि 72 लोग ठीक होकर घर लौटे हैं। इसके अतिरिक्त गुड़गांव में लाए गए इटली के 14 मरीज भी ठीक हुए हैं। राज्य में जो 212 मरीज मिले हैं, इनमें 116 से ज्यादा जमाती हैं। हरियाणा के लिए राहत की बात यह भी है कि प्रदेश में करीब 50 फीसदी लोगों ने क्वारेंटाइन का समय पूरा कर लिया है। प्रदेश में 28854 लोगों को अब तक क्वारेंटाइन किया गया। इनमें से 14030 लोगों का क्वारेंटाइन का समय पूरा हो चुका है। राज्य में 1408 मरीजों की रिपोर्ट का अब भी इंतजार है।

683 रिपोर्ट आई निगेटिव

राज्य में पिछले 24 घंटे में 683 लोगों की रिपोर्ट निगेटिव आई है, जबकि 789 ने सर्विलांस का पीरियड पूरा कर लिया। पिछले 24 घंटे में ही 380 लोगों को और सर्विलांस पर लिया गया है। स्वास्थ्य विभाग की टीम ने 820 नए सैंपल लिए हैं।

 पीजीआई में रोज 1000 की जांच होगी

  • स्वास्थ्य विभाग के एसीएस राजीव अरोड़ा ने बताया कि रोज 180 सैंपल की क्षमता वाला पीजीआईएमएस रोहतक 500 सैंपल की जांच करने में सक्षम है। जल्द इसकी क्षमता एक हजार होगी।
  • 10,000 रैपिड टेस्टिंग किट शीघ्र ही मिलने की उम्मीद है। इनका उपयोग गुड़गांव, फरीदाबाद, पलवल, नूंह व पंचकुला के हॉटस्पॉट क्षेत्र में होगा।

Continue Reading

National

Not Just Mallya, Modi, 36 businessmen fled from country in recent past, ED informs court

The ED Monday opposed the bail plea of Sushen Mohan Gupta, alleged defence agent arrested in the AgustaWestland VVIP choppers scam, saying there was a likelihood of him fleeing the country like 36 businessmen who had criminal cases against them. The Enforcement Directorate told special judge Arvind Kumar that 36 businessmen, including Vijay Mallya and Nirav Modi, have fled from the country in the recent past.

The probe agency’s special public prosecutors D P Singh and N K Matta countered Sushen’s claim that he had deep roots in the society, saying, “Mallya, Lalit Modi, Nirav Modi, Mehul Choksi and Sandesara brothers (Sterling Biotech Ltd promoters) had deeper routes in the society yet they left the country. There are such 36 businessmen who fled from the country in the last few years.”

During the argument, ED’s advocate Samvedna Verma told the court that the probe was at a crucial stage and the agency was trying to find out who was “RG” referred in the diaries of Sushen.

Verma also accused Gupta of influencing the witnesses in the case and told the court that he also tried to destroy the evidence in the case. The court reserved order on Gupta’s bail application for April 20.

Gupta has sought the relief on the ground that the agency has already completed the investigation and filed a charge sheet in the case.

In his bail application, the accused told the court that the ED’s contention of the flight risk can be rejected considering his past activities, where he joined the investigation as and when summoned.

Gupta was arrested by the agency under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).

The ED officials said Gupta’s role in the case came to light on the basis of disclosures made by Rajiv Saxena, who has turned approver in the case after he was deported from the UAE and arrested by the agency here.

It is suspected that Gupta has in his possession some payment details in the Rs 3,600 crore purchase deal of AgustaWestland VVIP choppers and the link is to be unravelled, they said.

This Article was first published  by Economic times

Continue Reading

National

BJP Karnataka tweets fake letter targeting Congress, alleging divisive poll strategy

A letter which was purportedly written by Karnataka Congress leader M B Patil to Sonia Gandhi in July 2017, has been shared by the official Twitter handle of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)’s Karnataka state unit. According to the tweet, the letter exposes the divide-and-rule policy of the Congress party which had allegedly fomented division within the Hindu community in Karnataka by pledging a separate status for the Lingayat community.

Tweeted in the morning of April 16, it has been retweeted over 1400 times and ‘liked’ over 1800 times so far. An excerpt from this ‘letter’ is quoted below.

“The unanimous opinion is that in order to win the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, it is essential to curb the RSS growth in Karnataka and defeat BJP in the 2018 Assembly elections. This can be achieved by uniting the Muslims and Christians on the basis of their faith; divide the Hindus on the basis of caste/sub-caste and sect and sub/sect.”

Fake letter, previously debunked by Alt News

The same ‘letter’ had circulated widely ahead of the assembly election in Karnataka in May 2018. The fake news website Postcard News had even published an article based purely on this fake letter. The article was, expectedly, later deleted and so was Postcard News founder Mahesh Vikram Hegde’s tweet regarding the same.

The letter is fake. Not only are the language and contents a dead giveaway, a quick Google search reveals that ‘Global Christian Council’ and ‘World Islamic Organisation’, organisations with which the Congress has supposedly schemed to politically divide the state, do not even exist. The names of the organisations are a figment of imagination.

Moreover, M B Patil, in a conversation with Alt News had confirmed that the letter is fake. Alt News’ earlier fact-check can be read here.

Republic TV publishes article, deletes

The English news channel Republic TV initially reported about this letter, publishing an article with the words “SENSATIONAL: BJP shares purported Congress’ 2017 strategy letter addressed to Sonia Gandhi pitching explosive caste and religion divide and conquer plan”.

The article is now no longer on the website. A little later, Republic TV updated their reportage with the word ‘fake’ to describe the letter. It may be noted that this was in the nature of an updation, despite the fact that this letter has been debunked previously.

With the Lok Sabha election underway and Karnataka set to vote from the second phase onward on April 18, such recirculation of previously bunked information is to be expected.

This Article was first published by Alt News

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress. Shared By Fancy Text Generator